PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 20:00
Robbo0885

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long Sightedness-hyperopia

Hi all. Alot of talk on this thread has been for -ve prescriptions, short sightedness, myopia. I am hyperopic, +4.50, and am wondering about class 1 renewal. Got initial in Nov last year, just to make sure I wasnt wasting my time with modular training. Im currently doing PPL, and was told at the time of initial to get a check in a year (i.e. around now) out of interest to see if my eyesight was still changing. (been going up slowly over last 8 years).

All I can find on CAA about renewal standards is what has been qouted in this thread a few times, "for myopia there is no revalidation/renewal limit" but I am wondering if that means there is therefore a limit for hyperopia? I can't find any information on it at all on CAA, or anywhere else. I was under the impression any limit would be on CAA medicals website with inital stuff.

I know I can call CAA Gatwick and ask on Monday, so thanks for that suggestion, but I have an eye test booked on Sunday and only came online to get a copy of renewal standards so I know the score on Sunday.

Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks All.