PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 19:41
anjouan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

It seems that CHC is able to recruit many French and French Canadian pilots for Nigeria, Bristow has only one or two. Why is this? Does Bristow still favour those from the old British Empire even though it's now an American company, or is it because Canada is bilinguel?

Speaking of Bristow, what's the truth of them getting S92s in Nigeria next year? It seems CHC is definitely bringing in 4 EC225 and they're talking about S92. Are the two companies talking of using them for the same contracts? It seems CHC are willing to bring in helicopters and then get contracts for them which is maybe why their fleet average age in Nigeria is lower than Bristow's. I think also Bristow now have problems because the Canadian dollar is much stronger than the greenback. I also hear that yet again they have made no increase in their living allowance and eating in their Lagos staff house can cost N2000 a day more than the daily food allowance. Since when has any reputable company asked expatriate to have to spend more than their daily food allowance for the privilege of being held captive to eating in their restaurant because of security curfew, while living in lousy accommodation in a dangerous country? At least with CHC an employee can eat 3 good meals a day provided by the company, including hot lunch at the worksite. With the exception of the pension, CHC also offer much better fringe benefits. I know which one I prefer to work for