PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 14:43
Ali_Xander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beckyr & Sleepy

I am pretty much in the same position as you Becky. Though I have been a little more fortunate with them as they seem to keep me updated with what is going on. I would be tearing my hair out if I did not hear from them.

As for medicals, yes Sleepy, they cost a small fortune here in the UK. I had to pay the doc £100 to fill out all the forms, do my check up and that also included all the vaccinations I needed. The doc did annoy me as he would not do my HIV test, or chest X-ray. As you rightly said Becky, something had to be wrong with me for them to do a chest xray!! Anyhow, I had to get them done quick so I resulted in going private. One thing I learnt from that is, if you have the money, going private is just heaven! like first class but for the medical industry (I don't have the money, the joys of a credit card)! They were very good as I received an appointment the very same day, they did my HIV test which cost £110. They then referred me to get the Xray Chest (£70) and Audigram (£90) and within that same afternoon in an hour, I had gotten them all done (they wrote the reference letters too for the results..bonus!). As for the dentist, teeth were all in fine shape , so I only had to pay £20 for the Xrays! Managed to make an appointment to see the doctor and he completed all the forms. Silly doc even asked me where I went to get my other tests done and how much it cost, so he could refer other patients!

Anyhow sent it all off to Dubai and they actually emailed to say they received it! now just waiting. I am due to fly out on the 11th of Jan and the medicals were fine, so not really fussing over them as they will call - I am giving them until 11th Dec and then I will ring myself if I have not heard anything.

Back to money worries! I am thinking that I will only be able to scrape £500 to take to Dubai as the taxmen is eating into my temping job's wage packet, and Xmas coming up and also having to buy some essentials for when I move! It's all a little worrying now cause of that.

That's may rant over, over to you Sleepy and Beckyr