PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Constructive advice regarding options required please..
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 12:45
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if you are referring to the initial consultation at LGW it was the comprehensive Opthalmic examination which used firstly examination by confrontation followed by the SITA II - Standard and SITA II - FAST which shines lights of various intensity and is really a test for Glucoma rather than visual fields.

I went back and fourth for a short while chasing up the report and so that he could see me again because his positive report was 'challenged' by the white coat people at the CAA.

After this, I researched the regulations and noted that a change in the requirements which clearly state that cases like this are eligible for an initial class 1 and it is clearly documented in the JAR's.

A short while after the change, I went to my Optometrist and was tested using the Esterman Test on the same Humphreys Machine, which should a significant improvement in the field of vision and that Binocular vision compensates for the slight loss in the field loss of my right eye. I contacted the CAA again and they came back with the same view that I am unfit - which me off as it is clearly there in black and white!

I also contacted a different JAA Aviation Authority and showed him the piece of the JAR which clearly dictates that I am eligible and let him test me as an 'independant'.

He also stated that this is a minimal defect.

PM for further details