PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia now live.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 12:02
CXtreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greed

Greed Greed Greed.
Why is it always the calculator that wins in all my discussions with my CX co-workers? Punch the calculator as much as you like but there are more important issues to consider. I am looking at taking a position on a much smaller commuter aircraft.

As an Aussie, or any one who qualify for this position, how much value do you put on clean air, clean ocean’s etc.

So you are going to make (maybe) more money at CX. At what price??
At what cost to your family? Unstable rostering, being cat B at any time you disagree with the 3rd floor, very suspect checking, sorry, training (being sold to juniors as superior) being fired for “no apparent reason” etc.

When deciding on a flying career in the late 70’s I always knew money would not be the motivator, rather work satisfaction. I knew working for the Air Force will never make me a rich man. Fortunately this has changed over the last 28 years. This does not means I am going to prostitute myself to the highest bidder or the one with the biggest and shiniest fleet. I always remember why I decided on this occupation and that is where I am going back to.

If you have the opportunity to improve your situation, even at a reduced income, just do it!.
I don’t want to be like some of the very rich guys I fly with that don’t know how to retire. I’ll rather die a poor old man then a rich young man.

Then you have to look at how your conditions have been reduced over the last couple of years in CX, where as I believe a new start up can only improve with time.

Last edited by CXtreme; 2nd Nov 2007 at 13:05.