PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI or Jump Ship?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 11:18
bmibus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMI or Jump Ship?

To all current bmi pilots,

I have been with bmi now for a long time. Its been a great place to work and sure there have always been a few things to moan about, but in toto I feel I've had a great time flying for them.

There have been no commands since 09/11, fair enough but now finaly it looked as if there was going to be some movement with these new 330's coming along next summer. All of a sudden the board have decided to defer the new A/C and all of us hoping for command courses have gone out the window for another 18 months or so (assuming we do actually get these A/C)

I became an airline pilot with a set of clear goals and one of them is to have a command. I have never felt down about my job a bmi but it is just starting to feel the goal posts are being moved around a little to often.

I know things change on a daily basis in this game but I am realy also worried for the future of bmi. We need to expand! We get so close and a the last second it all stops. Its a real shame, bmi is such a great company but bishop and the board are letting it down. We have the slots and after fighting for years for the openskies why are we not using it to its full advantage and before every man and his dog builds networks accross the pond squeezing us out! I may be to late by 2009!

So chaps and chapesses, where does this leave us? Easyjet are I believe are recruiting in Feb, Virgin or Emirates etc. We have the 320/330 on our bits of paper and plenty of hours so my Q's is, do we do it or not? Or hang around untill Bishop wants to move in a direction better for us all.

This post is purely here to find out some opinions and is not a dig at bmi what so ever, but I do want to get on with my career and I know from speaking to guys on the line, they do to!

Kind Regards...