PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows
Thread: Red Arrows
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 09:04
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't have a pop at the Reds though, when I see them at places like Goodwood, I want to grab people around me and say 'Look you poncy fukers, take your faces out of your cheap glasses of plonk and gaze up in abject humble awe at a representation of the finest combat fliers in the world today', and as I said, my respect and admiration for what they do is boundless.

But my point, and many others too, isn't aimed at them, but rather the wnkers who haven't got a clue about things like passion, pride, loyalty.. all that good stuff, who come out with a poxy half arsed paint job like that in order to make themselves look good. With the greatest of respect to Red 1, he possibly just churned out some copy (if he ever even saw it) generated by some underling in the Department for Amateurish PR Bolocks who needed to justify his place at the trough.

If anything, those of us who deride this silly civilianisation and dilution of the Red Arrows and the ones defending their core values. I rather think that Mouse has a greater issue with affording the opposition ammunition by debating so critically and introspectively it in a public way. To an extent, he has a point. Open criticism such as the 'Questions for CAS' thread won't be doing CAS any favours, but the bottom line is, things need to improve. Sure, the Air Chief Marshalls might have no new clothes, but as we're constantly told, the RAF is not a democracy, but it sure as hell is a meritocracy.