PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar A320 Go Around Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 09:00
captaintunedog777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In regard to Jetstar, I have only related the facts as they have been widely reported elsewhere. This includes in the offices at CASA.

What a joke CASA

Many posters have highlighted the problems created by the Qantas/ Impluse/ Ansett, triangle of destruction, yet you allow them their say. Why attack me?

Maybe you were attacked by the way you posted. Amazing you people seem to know more about the Bus than the operators with over 20 years experience.

THere is nothing wrong with the TOGA tap if done at a safe height. Obviously you clowns it is not done at the minima. The incident in question was not this but the thrust levers went to MCT instead of TOGA and not monitoring the PFD as to what mode the FMS was in. Which in the heat of the moment can be done. The Bus is a complex machine and hence these incidents do occur from time to time.

If you did not use the TOGA tap and are just under the height you intend to capture and went to TOGA you would very quickly accellerate and run the risk of overspeed from which many a bus driver can attest to. Especially if light. The procedure is to bring back the thrust lever when LEVER CLB is displayed on the FMS which is usually the acceleration height edited in the PERF page. And remember the whole situation occurs in a matter of seconds.

Flying a Bus is a completely different ball game to your out dated turbo prop or jet. Trust me.

Last edited by captaintunedog777; 2nd Nov 2007 at 09:14.