PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas STN
Thread: Atlas STN
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 02:34
WhaleFR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course you were overstaffed. An example is your idea of staffing during the merger talks. You stated that you had 30 aircraft when you came to the mix. Your MEC claimed this to inflate the number of crewmembers on your list even though they KNEW it was not true. Thus they attempted to dilute the mixture in the merged list. Did you think the Atlas pilots were not aware of this? It was yet another falsehood as many of the aircraft you all claimed were yours were not even flying. We all know that GE used Polaris Leasing (the Embryonic Polar Air Cargo) as a place to store parked lease returns from many carriers such as Tigers. Many of the aircraft you claimed you were operating were in storage or parked. You essentially brought 5 airplanes to the merger mix - which equals 123 pilots, yet still you have 170 on your roster now and claimed that many more were tied to the "business" you brought to the merger mix. So tell us what all these extra people that were there for the "business" were going to fly - Atlas aircraft of course.

It is a fact that you had well over 300 people just before the Atlas cooling off period - but did not have near the aircraft to support those crewmembers - oh I forgot they were there for the "business". In any case, you were certainly staffed sufficient to support an additional six aircraft the next day. If you had paid attention during the merger discussions you would have seen the excel timeline presentation that compared aircraft to crewmembers. The Polar staffing was plenty to absorb those aircraft. Hiding behind this half truth, however, is typical of you.

What planet were you on when you claim Campbell's research trumped Akins? His testimony was not worth the very few hours it took to accomplish. In any case arbitrator Harris pretty much totally discounted all economic testimony from both sides so your assertion that you somehow won that particular facet of the battle is an outright falsehood. I find it kind of funny that you had to hire Campbell at the last minute due to the fact that your initial "expert" was so poorly prepared and uneducated. He initially had no idea that Atlas had Scheduled Service route authority to many different countries. Too many years of drinkin beer at Auburn I guess.

And if the Polar side "prevailed" as you say, then what is your problem? You prevailed - then you should move forward with the merger.

I am curious why you cannot or will not answer Merc's question.

Ruger - well don't read it then. The response to the continued half truths, outright lies, and disingenuous dissembling by the Polar leadership has always remained the same. It is the same because it is the truth. No matter which way Bobb directs his minions to attack the truth - we continue to present it for those who care.

Last edited by WhaleFR8; 2nd Nov 2007 at 02:46.