PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast jet experience of a lifetime
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2007, 23:51
Fishtailed

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Woosh was right, all my drivers seemed to want me to stay healthy, although working flights had to be completed, and some of the pilots didn't like sand bags because of the possible consequences. Tim, your statement that it's a waste of a flight if you don't get the full monty isn't 100% true. All my pax trips (a mere fraction of yours), have been memorable for different reasons. The Buccaneer crossed Liverpool bay at 50 feet (also my first jet), the Hunter flew formation with two Canberras and a Lightning, and I flew most of the Strikemaster sortie myself, as well as being shown aeros and bouncing Hawks from Valley by the ace Hartley. Low level through the Cheviots then SS over the North Sea in the ADV. 30 mins of aeros in the PC9 and the G suit didn't stop me from greying out. Tailchasing in the Hawk and trying to topple the IN in the Harrier were more what Tim meant.
I also admit that during the safety briefs it sounded like banging out would be an experience, but thank whoever I never had to.