PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building - Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2007, 17:20
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercenary pilot

You are wrong !(on the landing fees at least)
The £62 is the total cost that was quoted to me by one of my customers it included all his costs over 35 hours flying.

Most of his legs were about 3 hours and he did a bit of research tried to land at airfields that did not charge to land if you pick up fuel.

Yes the weather did disrupt the flying a bit but the guy came back for another 20 hours and he did that in one week in October.

The weather in the USA is over rated (but much bettter than the UK) so I do make allowances in my price structure to account for the weather, some companys in the USA won't return your money if you don't fly the contracted hours, I will provided that the "good weather days" are used well.

As for the aircraft I doubt that you will find two better Cessna 152's on either side of the Atlantic! all my aircraft are very clean inside and out with modern radios.

I have flown in the USA and found that to get a quality service the prices far exceeded the rock bottom headline rates that you see in the back pages of the UK flying raggs, most of my customers have been to the USA and for one reason or another failed to get the flying that they wanted but the low quality of the aircraft is the common thread.

The hardest thing in selling this service is that the Brits are so steeped in the "rip-off UK" culture that they can't see a good deal on the doorstep and would rather pay more to go to the USA.

Last edited by A and C; 1st Nov 2007 at 17:37.