PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows
Thread: Red Arrows
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2007, 15:56
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
BigBusDriver

Thanks for the support. I think that this is entirely indicative of Government spin - money for shiney new logos and a dedicated transport aircraft to ferry their lordships around the Middle East in 5*plus accomodation; no money to get RnR transport aircraft for the guys who are fighting hand-to-hand in the Sangin and Gereshk Valleys (I'm talking about the Army "brown jobs"). It took me 3 days to get to Al Udeid via the RAF's fragile air transport system from Brize - I nearly booked my own £200odd flight to Dohar out of my own money because I was getting sooo very p!ssed off. However, I wasn't waiting to go home for my 7 days with my wife and family like the poor souls were awaiting my aircraft in Al Udeid. Maybe now you realise the malice in our sentiments?

Finally, this is just the thin edge of the wedge. Politicians claim expenses for just about anything and are relatively unaudited, if I buy anything over £5 during the day I have to provide receipts - then at the same time they will trust me to authorise the flight of a very expensive aeroplane - WTF Over...

If you want to learn more then look over the rest of the forum - the trust has gone and there are many people who are using up their good-will at an alarming pace.

Sorry about the rant, but you did ask...

LJ