PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2007, 14:32
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CM74,

The desired outcome is for the truth.

Unfortuantely, those of us who have been (or were in) for a bit are concerned at the length of time this BoI is taking and it is making us suspicious of the 'the findings' and thus the outcome.

The problem the BoI has, together with the RAF, MOD and ultimately the government, is that there are numerous cases and examples of incidents where concern has been raised over the lack of adequate fire suppression systems, whether it be in the Bomb Bay or in a fuel tank of Nimrod and other aircraft (C-130?? - say no more)

The 'nanny state' culture we now live in, makes it law for people to be accountable when things go wrong. The Clapham Rail disaster is a point in question, where some management were charged, I understand, with culpable manslaughter. The MOD is no different. It too has a duty of care to servicemen and women, and to uphold that law, and the longer this BoI goes on, it only adds fuel to the argumant that perhaps things are being 'doctored' to suit various departments and or individuals who may just be feeling the strain.

It matters not what is written here as far as the BoI outcome is (or should be) concerned, however, the outstanding efforts of people like Graham Knight to get to the bottom of things and to try and understand the inner workings of the MOD - RAF - Industry is raising some potentially embarrassing points and questions. And I would say that some of the speculation is not 'wild' at all, but is based on facts alone.

TD
Graham, once again Sir, you command my utmost respect for your unstinting efforts to get to the bottom of this utter tragedy. Stick with, Tapper and the rest of the guys deserve nothing less.

TSM