PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fighting Apache?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2001, 15:25
The Bonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fighting Apache?

I do not mean this to be contentious, but all I hear is QHI's banging on about 'flying the AH'! Does anyone have any news on fighting the system.....gunnery, EW/HIDAS and tactical employment?

As a non-QHI I have been waiting for ages for a career/vocation along the lines of a QHTI/proper HWI or EWI....but so far I have heard nothing but QHIs getting the promotions and all the good jobs.

Power, attitude, trim and ball in the middle (or fly accurately and lookout jim!) surely aren't the way that the Corps is going to do business.....is it? An example, numerous QHIs have picked up their commissions but the most qualified EW pilot in the Corps doesn't even get an extension.

I am still hanging in there (but the crew room all think that it is pie in the sky and QHIs will always rule the roost in the AAC)

I don't want to leave, but the thought of being a QHI bores me to tears (sorry...essential job I know....but also dull in MHO!) Whereas Spadeadam, Fighter Evasion, COMAO's etc etc....now that flicks my switch. On visits to other Services the HWI/QHTI or tactics blokey (sorry whatever he is called in the RN!) seems to have the same career/qudos as a QHI....and on the fast jet Sqns the QWI outweighs the QFI I believe? Why haven't we cottoned onto this yet and still expect our QHIs to do the whole thing (jack of all trades, master of none instantly springs to mind!)

Any news or am I just being dull....