PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most protracted PPL ever?........
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2007, 10:04
kevmusic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The situation is not getting better. I didn't mention that I had changed instructors due to days off/availability issues. The new guy gave me problems in the air, as I've related elsewhere (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=296807) which I found I couldn't live with. So I'm re-arranging my day off to go back with instructor 1, who's been my main man along.

Now it turns out the slot he had free on my day off isn't actually all that free at all, and he can only give me 2 flights between now and Christmas! So all that currency I worked at during the summer is running into the sand. It's nobody's fault but my own. It's a corner I've painted myself into by wanting to stay with a particular instructor and a particular aircraft. There's only one Cub on the fleet, and only two instructors for it. The other taildragger is the Jodel D150 but after the Cub I don't like it, instructor 2 can't instruct on it and instructor 1 has painful neck problems with its springy undercarriage, so that's out.

I enjoy flying the Cub - I'm beginning to get a feel for it, and there's only one instructor I can fly with who can instruct on it, and that's the situation. But my currency's going to suffer until the New Year. One of our community has offered to help me out locally (thanks Ed! - I'll be in touch) but otherwise it's just a case of biding my time. Again.

Kev.