PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible Victimization of Poppy wearing pupil!!!!
Old 1st Nov 2007, 09:35
cockneyrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poppy Day Thread Locked?

Anyone care to enlighten us as to why this thread was locked?
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=298464
I was in the process of posting the following when I found out:
Originally Posted by PPRuNe
How about we wait until a verifiable detail is posted before we support this "remarkably cool-headed and eloquent for his age" poster?
PPRuNe
How about PPRuNe stops behaving like a tool? Given that this is an anonymous post (other than his first name "Alex") how does PPRuNe expect there to be verifiable detail? I tell you what, why doesn't the guy just hang himself and his school eh? Yeh that will work really well. The whole point of his thread is to highlight his problem and seek advice. "Alex" even admits that he doesn't want to make a name for himself; he just wants to stand up for his beliefs. Now, he might be 16 and at school or he might be 43 and at work, what difference does it make? It might even be made up! so what? If it makes people say to themselves "That's terrible behaviour from that teacher (who I don't know anything about)" I'm going to go out and buy a poppy this year to Remember and show my support", the thread is a good thing.
By the way, rather than posting your comment in my post under the cover of PPruNe, why note quote me and show yourself.
Now it would appear that the thread is locked with no explanation. Happy to go along with the closure if justified, just wanted to check that we're not censoring again (allegedly).

PPRuNe note.

The fact that you read an improbable post, took it hook, line, and sinker, then ran around from forum to forum to forum screaming "OUTRAGE" doesn't mean PPRuNe had to buy it.

From an ARRSE Moderator:
"he admitted to me in PM that he has exaggerated the truth a little and added and missed out a bit.."
Gee, say it aint so......