PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2007, 09:12
Capt Zorro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ASA are a POC

all this is in response to some information I have received from an ATC mate of mine, makes one shudder in their shoes

this is the problem with AsA is that an air traffic control service should never be run as a private enterprise irrestpective of being 100% owned by government.

As soon as you get a board of directors answering to the minister, with the charter basically being provide is with the best dividend every year, then the holy dollar will become of prime importance not SAFETY.
this is where AsA and its useless bunch of managers have come unstuck. they have written themselves contracts that give them huge bonuses if they come in under budget. So what does a business need to do to achieve this:
cut costs. how do you do that: keep minimal staff, employ some very creative bean counters (who also get big bonuses to be creative), make the staff work harder.

Oh yes forgot, SAFETY costs money so we will now have AFFORDABLE SAFETY, single man doggos, controllers not validated for a specific sector providing breaks for a sector they are not validated for, (that s ok as the chances of a fk up are small and we can afford that) oh and yes, dont let the fkers sleep that is not very productive as it costs us money and we will need to hire more staff and that will fk up our bonuses

Dont worry, we will threaten the staff with cancellation of license because our mates at CASA will do what we want and are as spineless as a limp dick, and the travelling public and stakeholders will never know because the union Civil Air is as weak as piss and the staff are now running scared in the face of AWA's (if the Libs are elected) in 2008 and licence cancellation.

Yep we have all bases covered, just wish this election would hurry up and pass then we (the management can rest easier).

Wrong arsholes, the game is up and you are about to be found out and your manhood will be stripped away.

Oh yes by the way, because they now have new ALM managers (who do not control either and crossed to the darkside of AWA's...gee maybe we can make then provide breaks because they have held a license at some stage) and the ALM's now also delegate some of their workload, which they knowingly took on in the switch to the darkside for the extra money, bacuase they have just realised, **** I will have to do work at home, after hours and I wont have a life, fk that, we will delgate our to the lower life line controllers and tell them they may jump some extra increments which in reality we have no authority to do and cant, but they are dumb fks and dont know. This is the mentality of AsA.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that feels better, NOT because all pilots and their pax/cargo will deal with this daily now, wondering who is really at the other end.

out

Last edited by Capt Zorro; 1st Nov 2007 at 09:29.