PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2007, 07:09
IRISHPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AP, if you are interested in living here and flying anything remotely big, then CSA has to be your choice.
however, if tf is right and Netjets pays you while flying on a non-JAA licence and pays for your conversion, then I would take his advice. I didn't know that. Netjets is a good employer here in Europe and you spend a lot time at home.

There are a few smaller jet operators here who do not sponsor a transition to JAA, but do take foreigners. Their pay is en par with CSA.

You are right that it is possible to spend more, However I spend nothing on restaurants (as my wifes employer gives us the vouchers) and even if I did, I would eat Czech, Pakistani, Indian, Chinese, Thai, etc for under 5 Euros with a nice glass of wine right in the centre. Once you live here, you will find those spots. It is true that it is not too healthy to live on Czech food alone.

I am afraid if you are looking for a lucrative job here, then you have to look elsewhere. tf is correct that it is best to work abroad and live here. Really depends on where you want to spend your time, how interested you are in job security, what you want to fly, etc.

Same tax situation as in your place: Income tax lower (18%), VAT (tax on goods) is slightly higher: 19%, except on basic food which is 5% and on services, also 5% (though this might change soon to all 19%).

Hope this helps. IP