PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Heathrow voted least favourite airport'.
Old 1st Nov 2007, 03:58
Donkey497

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I do a shed load of travel with my work, most of it to locations outside the UK. I have to admit that I have and will continue to do everything in my power to avoid travelling through LHR STN & MAN. LGW is in the dubious category, but I have to say that the problem is that BAA still believe that they are in some ways UK Governmat civil servants (i.e job for life regardless of how poor their performance is) even although its years since BAA were privatised and sold off. The fact that they are now employees of a Spanish company might make its way to the forefront of their three cell brains in about seventy to ninety years time and then they might want to think about customer service and satisfaction.

I used to do a lot of EDI-ATL-IAH until Delta pulled the ATL flight last month and I have to say that immigration, customs clearance and transfer at ATL was an absolute breeze, even when the flights were late. Loads of Immigration agents and superb Customs services. I have to pass through LHR tomorrow on my way back from SIN, & everyone I'm travelling with is dreading the thought.

As soon as Etihad, Emirates, Singapore, BMI, Air Canada, Zoom etc. start to increase direct or one stop transatlantic, far east and other services from EDI, GLA, NCL etc, the better.

London is NOT the centre of the universe!!!!!!!