PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2007, 02:21
Airline Pirate

Location: Land of troubled individuals in a nightmarishly impersonal and bureaucratic world.... Hey, Kafka was spot on!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was only back in Praha for two weeks, and my hotel was complimentary so all my expenses were food and stupid souvenirs for everyone on the other side of the pond.

The BEST restuarant in Prague was not the most expensive; it was joined to most expensive one by a very modest door as to not attract the attention of spendy tourists.... ironically a local secret as it featured the same kitchen and menu for half the price!

This first class meal cost us 500 CZK which is roughly 15 Euros. On the other side of the wall you would have spent 30 Euros max unless you went crazy with bottles of wine ect....

TF is right about housing prices in Praha (Prague), although most english language real-estate flyers feature heavy over-pricing. Best to get a Czech friend to help you look through local listings.

Prague is a great city to live in, but leave your car parked at the west edge of the town where Dejvicka Metro-A ends! Very efficient, fast, cheap and clean public transit but very frustrating to try to drive around and park in with your own car...

This may sound like a very silly question to most of you living in the Old World, but how does income tax and gross/net pay work in Europe?

I believe I was under the mistaken impression that 2000 Euro was gross pay, not net pay. In Canada we have roughy 24% of our pay stripped right from our cheques and still pay anywhere between 5%-14% in taxes on purchased goods......

I would love clarification on this.

While I would love to fly the big jets, I have a strong interest to move back to Czech Republic to fly corporate or charter/business. Any and all info on alternative (and lucractive) flying jobs in Czech ( such as Net Jets) would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Airline Pirate.