PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Surely not!!!
Thread: Surely not!!!
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2001, 00:34
Bervie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did EFT not start up the Direct Entrant flights at various UAS`s around the country to take the burden off the JEFTS system?! I know YUAS has a large DE flt that shares aircraft with an already large UAS and AEF. This idea seems to suggest that JEFTS have more than enough spare capacity to finish courses on time, or in fact if that isnt a problem, take larger courses. Even if this operation goes on at weekends or evenings, is this not going to cause a large increase in engineering time, which in civvy land costs money. Also, will the unservicabilities caused during these operations run over into the instructional time given to the joint service students trying to learn to fly as a career! Will this not cause the instructors to work extra to make up for lost time due to U/S aircraft or one of their compadres flying joe civvy on a 30min formation sightsee. I only pose these questions because it was my initial thoughts on the subject. I suppose we can only wait and see what happens when the weather starts to grip the Vale of York and Lincolnshire in the coming months. Will courses slip their finish dates because of the above questions or will the priority lie with satisfying the paying punter who has travelled all day to fly rather than the studes who are there every day? An interesting topic that those with far more knowledge than I can probably answer far better. Im off to the Britney thread to try my luck!