PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - wondering
Thread: wondering
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 19:04
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well do you think this guy works as a Captain for BA?

Maybe it's my perception Maybe I'm judging a book by it's cover here? While studying at Uni I didn't see any Proffs/Doc with tatoos or piercings?

After looking through THIS thread I wouldn't exactly say the pay is all that bad either

E.g.

Irish low cost SFO £3800 - £4400 I fly about 800 to 900 hrs per year 5/4 roster

I get £35000 basic plus £22.5 per scheduled block hour - i do 90 a month.

therefore basic = £2150 (approx) net plus £2000 (approx) sector pay.
Now I work in IT and that sounds pretty good to me. My sisters boyfriend is a newly qualified carpenter and earns £15k pa I earn just over £20k pa so unless you work as an experienced engeneering in contractor and earning £80k+ per year you can't compare Trade v Pilot ... I wouldn't say the average airline pilot works for peanuts

Saying that I have been told of contractor brick layers in London earning £100k+ so twice as much as an IT contractor?!? ... Does make me wonder why I went to Uni for 4 years

At the end of the day if you want a tatoo nothing should stand in your way, but you can't really blame anybody if goes against you.

My best mate has just had his second tatoo and he's an IT proffesional and I am not one to judge but his wife (optician) thinks it's a mistake.