PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Journalists again distort the truth in order to maximize their profit.
Old 6th Nov 2001, 17:19
Gaza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NotSoFantastic - I agree that there is a down playing of load factors. I read this week that two rotations on a Middle East route (BAH I think) that were dropped post-11/9 have been reinstated as the remaining flights could not keep up with demand.

I'm still not sure BA's strategy of focusing on Premium traffic is correct. When things were going well it provided excellent returns, but, as we are seeing at the moment, in an economic downturn it is the segment that suffers first and most. I wonder how many of the pax in the back of your bus were flying in the front until a couple of months ago but corporate policy now says "save money, DVT class only"?

Should have added on my frst post that the fares that have risen the most are Business and First. For example a Business Class ticket ex-ARN rose by the the equivalent of £900. I should also add that it was the second increase this year, the first being in June.

Looking at forward bookings in December/January most long haul routes, especially those to Far East and Australia, have little or no avaiability in all classes.

[ 06 November 2001: Message edited by: Gaza ]