PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible Victimization of Poppy wearing pupil!!!!
Old 31st Oct 2007, 14:11
cockneyrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible Victimization of Poppy wearing pupil!!!!

I am fully aware that there is a Remembrance Day thread on here; however, I didn't want to sully that thread with the following revelation that frankly makes my blood boil.

Just found this on Arrse.
Originally Posted by Mazur_UK
Today at school a very anti-military teacher came up to me and demanded that I removed my poppy (I am the only person wearing one at the moment). When I refused she threatened me with an after-school detention and made up some cr*p about it not complying with school dress codes. I said that I would not go and so I had to face a bo11ocking by my head of year for answering back to a teacher or some-such rubbish.
Any ideas what I should do to the teacher in question? I know it is not against dress codes as people wear cancer ribbons etc all the time.
All (practical) suggestions will be attempted
A very sensible young man. The Army are awaiting a response from him regarding what action if any the school will take.
I have already posted this on E-Goat where members are rallying to the cause. I trust the men and women of PPrune will stand-by to "fight the good fight" if required?!

How about we wait until a verifiable detail is posted before we support this "remarkably cool-headed and eloquent for his age" poster?

PPRuNe