PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF A380 Maintenance thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 12:06
Romulus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard on the Grape Vine that the ASC may be asked to look at Peter Greggs dealings with QF and JHAS and conflicts of interest in the awarding of maintenance contracts.
Anyone shed any light?
Yep. Peter Gregg has had a grand total of zero involvement from our end.

If it were as simple as ringing up and saying "Hey Pete sign the contracts I'm Express Posting you then stick me in first class for a stint in the Bahamas" Mrs Romulus would be very happy.

Problem is that I and the rest of the JHAS team have to work frigging hard to win the work, so do us the courtesy of judging us on our merits. So far we're ahead of the ACS guys from what we can tell, whether that will be enough to get us over the line I somehow doubt, but by the required date we'll have everything ready and be giving it our best shot.

QF slow as usual..... the birdy says that QF are paying JHAS to do the training to provide a second party for the tendering process, to attempt to screw the prices down for the ACS bid.
Problem is that we made it through the preliminary rounds by doing something so very different in terms of pricing and delivery programming that unless ACS fundamentally changes their business model the structure simply doesn't allow that to happen easily.

What has the world come to?
Um, October 31 2008?

Note: Edit to get my quote marks correct

Last edited by Romulus; 31st Oct 2007 at 22:54.