PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Heathrow voted least favourite airport'.
Old 31st Oct 2007, 11:29
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm flying to Narita week after next and Virgin has just advised me that I will be using the new arrivals "wing" at T3 which has private security. I realise that that is not an exactly mainstream way of getting through but shows what can be done to ease the problem.
Quite frankly, I think there are airports far worse...
Boston, almost criminally incompetent. Last time trying to get through to B gates; one walk-thru, two x-ray machines, about two hundred passengers and crew winding back through the terminal all "managed" by five TSA morons playing marine drill sergeant....1hr 10mins
Newark: Lufthansa, BA, Silverjet arrive.....six Immigration and Border boothes including "for residents". Actually only five because the guy in one kept on coming out to threaten people for using phones who were trying to explain to pick-ups that they would be delayed getting through.
The reality is that all commercial flying is a right royal PITA these days and the carriers who are going to win the high paying premium business are those who are starting to offer services such as EOS and Silverjet. Even Virgin are looking at business only services although, I understand, not with current branding. Premium routes in and out of airports although no doubt expensive, are very attractive.