PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 10:48
IRISHPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tf,
thanks for confirming all I wrote except for the fuel prices. True, they are only 20% lower than Germany.Unfortunately, prices for certain goods that are considered luxury here but are taken for granted elsewhere are way out of reach for ordinary Czechs. But not for Pilots.

Save 20 000 on the licence and another 20 000 on paying for a rating (which you need with some airlines) and you can buy an excellent car over here and will get a couple of mobiles thrown in with it. Thinking about it, that would already buy you a couple of 100 m2 of building land not too far from the airport...

fd:
the psycho tests are most definitely not only in Czech, they can be done in about a dozen languages, including German, Spanish and French. I KNOW this as I am involved in their selection process which has been outsourced and is now done online with a US company. We have had 10 foreigners this year, all personally linked to Czech, some with the bare minimums, some with FAA ATP. They were French, Spanish, US American, German and many Slovaks of course (whereas Slovak is almost the same as Czech).
The rest of the tests are done half in Czech and half in English. There have bee close to 50 people screened, however usually only 50% pass the psychological evaluation. Even less pass the rest, so you are probably right that the intake will not be more than 15.

It then depends on the individual experience wether they go into the pool or start immediately. Last DEC taken were in 2004 from Fischer due to strong union representation.

With regards to click4sky, I simply aired what I was told. - I am not employed by CSA. I was also told that though the management would favour some English natives to join them to raise the level of spoken English, ICAO has made it a requirement for anyone joining to speak Czech. Pilots inside CSA know why.

AP:
Apply, as you speak Czech on the link provided, you would get a 1 year contract, subject to permanency upon successfully completing the JAR conversion. You will then be bonded for the rating.

good luck! IP