PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media Coverage of The War
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2001, 15:19
Low and Slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh, Jacko, never a dull moment!

Yes, a lot of both TA and former Regular Officers in the media. Some very good and some not. Not one that I know of is an editor or producer!

Yes, the IDF lies was a throwaway line, and knowing your anti-Israeli/pro-Palestinian views ( I'm am not suggesting you are pro-Fatah - though if you are be honest. I've never met an anti-Fatah Palestinian, which would stand up and say it. ) I have friends and relatives in the IDF and thus am emotionally involved.

Yes, the media screwed the US military in Vietnam. The NLF was near eradicated by 1969. The NVA was broken by 1970, and what was left died by US air power in 1972. Had US troop levels been maintained at the April 70 level the Spring tide offensive of 1972 would not have made the gains it had.

Can anyone seriously suggest the likes of Pilger or Arnett were un-biased or not plainly anti-American.

Nixon withdrew because of the media. The WAR was very winnable. To say otherwise is a gross misrepresentation of the facts. I suggest you read Creighton Abram's biography or Lewis Sorely's Pulitzer nominated "A BETTER WAR". If you have any comment on this book, Lewis is a friend of mine. I'll pass them on.
I am commencing my second book on the Vietnam War, so I'll get back to work.

Edietd cos I carnt spel!

[ 29 November 2001: Message edited by: Low and Slow ]

[ 29 November 2001: Message edited by: Low and Slow ]