PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 09:29
IRISHPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tf,
I have recently bought a house next to the airport. I also have one near Frankfurt. The one here is less than a quarter in price, even though more centrally located and more land.

Food and drink is not the only parametres, though you get lunch vouchers from CSA, allowing you to go to many different restaurants all over the city every day and eat for free... When you are sick of dining out, you can go shopping with them.

More parametres: cheap land and houses and rents, our cleaning lady gets 5 Euros an hour, fuel costs 1.1 Euro a litre, the car repair shop takes under 10 Euros an hour. Public transport is efficient and costs under a Euro, never mind how far you go.

It is true that even Czech made cars cost more here than abroad and that mobiles are expensive. There are still many things considered luxury items and thus are high in price. Hopefully, this will change. We are dreading the Euro which is on it's way...

With regards to holidays: I don't know if CSA has a similar scheme, but TVS will give you free flights and full board acommodation every year in Fuerteventura with the family.

From the 1st of January 08, we have a flat rate income tax of 18%, adding to the net income.

Can you imagine the savings if a pilot comes with an FAA licence and CSA faces the bill for conversion? How many airlines do that?? calculate the savings over a period of let's say 2 or 3 years, and suddenly you are not getting less than with the majors abroad.

They give you time off and pay your Czech course to improve your language skills (though a little more than basic Czech is a prerequisite).

I realize, things are far from ideal and people leave from time to time, but all in all, it is a package that is not too bad. They have been around for a long time and it is unlikely that any government would see them fold.

cheers, IP