PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media Coverage of The War
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2001, 12:43
Emerson Cahooners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko, my post was not put here to hold a lynching of the media, you're absolutely correct to state that there are some good journo's out there. Additionally I would not blame them because I believe, as you alluded to, that the press and media just don't understand the damage they cause. The press and media are by their very nature speculators, and in this age of 24hr news, do so without much forethought and get it fantastically wrong, eg BBC radio news headline 2 weeks ago: Concorde held at Heathrow for two hours because of an engine snag, bringing into question the future airworthiness of the fleet, utter cr@p. I was late yesterday to a task because the no2 engine of my helicopter wouldn’t start!!!!! That didn’t make the front page did it!

It just strikes me that in this campaign that the press have completely forgotten to apply any common sense to their reporting, causing untold problems for the military and a possibly unrepairable rift between the military and the press. Hopefully the paper in question from my original post might get a visit from some disgruntled special people when they return and see that their identities have been revealed in the so called “forces favourite,” then they might just understand!