PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kiwi pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 08:04
SkySurfin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bongo is correct, those numbers show only the movement from Eagle and Mount Cook. I can confirm Jetconnect has taken on 30 pilots this year to date. FACT, I went through the list, they have also just awarded commands to people who have been in the company for less than 2 years, no preivous jet experience. The new intakes come from Air Nelson, Eagle, Airwork, Vincent. Then there has been a lot coming from overseas- Australia, Dubai, Africa, Indo. Thats just Jetconnect, and as CC said there was at least 20 who have started at Pac Blue. Add to that Air New Zealand have given starts to around 30 with another 8 or so likely before the end of the year. Nearly 100 jet jobs for the year.....not bad.

Remoak please spare me with the smart comments, im just providing the facts for people, hopefully for encouragment maybe..... I cant be biffed with any more of the personal stuff. Alright....... Best of luck to all those guys hoping to crack a jet job in NZd, and good luck to the guys in GA hopefully the hour requirements will move soon at the regionals.

Thats me signing out of this thread...... Im more than happy to answer pms regarding JC recruitment. Cheers