PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria Recruitment minimums
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 06:54
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you guys ask 'what is it like to work there?' are you asking about the company, the country or both?

To give a viable comparison it would be useful to know where you are at present.

When I was working in Nigeria the leading two to work for were Virgin Nigeria and Aero. Since then Arik has started but there seems to be a lot of contradictory info re what they are like to work for so I cannot comment.

I also think you have to know what your personality is like before making a judgement. If you are used to being pampered and wet nursed in a major carrier in Europe or North America, living in well ordered suburbs, then perhaps Nigeria will be harder to adapt to than if you are from a smaller carrier where you have to fend for yourself more and the routes take you to some less priviliged parts of the world where the mod cons are not so mod!

I'm not a pilot, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Nigeria and have some very good friends there.

A lot of the negative comments on here re Nigeria come from people who when challenged admit they were last there 20-25 years ago and apart from the airport only ever saw the hotel.

Life and places are to a large part what you make them.