PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas STN
Thread: Atlas STN
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 06:51
mercpc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spent too much time writing and Whale beat me to the submit button

We at Atlas had no problem with the aircraft and contracts that were transfered to Polar prior to the strike being flown and understood the legal reasons why - though ticked off somewhat by it after receiving furloughs. It would have been wrong and illegal of us to ask Polar not to fly those. The true purpose of the transfer was to slap the Atlas membership down after rejecting the first TA salaried contract and not an economic one as stated by management.

This cannot be said of the Polar Chairman when it was his turn. He was calling the Atlas membership scabs when those same (originally Atlas) A/C and Contracts were transfered back to Atlas a few months before your strike count down even started. He also requested that we don't fly those trips and A/C long before the start of your strike countdown. So It's OK when Polar does it and not when it's done by Atlas? Legally, we couldn't refuse doing it just like Polar couldn't for those prior to the respective strike countdowns. I guess I will be compelled to provide that evidence during my Article VIII you plan on filing on me in my defense. Maybe we should bring in the FBI also. Doesn't that fall under Racketeering? Maybe you should call Bobb H. on that.

What happened at the "eleventh hour" (really @ twenty minutes prior to the Atlas strike release) was Chairman Fell requesting relief from the struck work agreement to fly more Atlas A/C and Contracts after strike initiation. Which was at that time 6 more A/C and the 6 China Airlines contracts we were actively flying. Bob Fell called them new contracts. Proved out during the Henderson "Get All the Liars" in one spot meeting mediated by the retired AFL-CIO Sect Treasurer. I believe it was Fell that left the meeting when the meeting turned to that and our third party witness to the act entered the room.

The sympathy strike initially lasted about three days (it was a weekend) before they got a Federal court order making us go back to work. Bobb H ended up lying about that also. Ended up getting one of his VARS pulled by National when they got a hold of its contents. The temporary restraining orders are located AT THIS SITE under TRO1 and 2.

Funny, I can remember three or four Atlas guys off the top of my head that picketed up in ANC with the Polar guys. Their reward was their name being put in for an Article VIII charge and a pprune post listing them as scabs.

Could you please go back and read this and the other threads on this issue. We are going in circles as in previous posts on this. I can back my stuff up, but I can't say the same of you.

Last edited by mercpc9; 31st Oct 2007 at 07:12. Reason: Spent too much time writing and Whale beat me to the submit button