PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas STN
Thread: Atlas STN
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 05:57
WhaleFR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Half Truths

I do have a problem with you constantly telling half the story, half truths, and complete lies.
And we have the same problem with you. Below are just a few of YOUR half truths - but perhaps you just don't know any better.

As the Atlas strike countdown was in progress, Polar MEC chairman Fell spoke with Captain Bourne, he stated that Polar pilots were obligated to fly Atlas owned aircraft on dry lease to Polar from prior to the start of the Atlas cooling off period. He stated that no Polar pilot would fly in violation of the Atlas struck work rules, which stated "no Polar pilot would fly any Atlas aircraft transferred to the Polar certificate post start of the cooling off period".
Yup that is all true - up until the LAST HOUR prior to the Atlas strike when there was yet another conversation between Fell and Bourne in which Fell told Bourne that all bets were off and if Atlas went on strike the Polar pilots would be staffing six Atlas aircraft the next day. But perhaps you weren't told that little factoid. There were others present who actually heard the conversation so this fact is indisputable.

Polar could not staff its own aircraft at the time more or less and influx of Atlas aircraft.
Totally not true. The influx at Polar has been tracked, diagrammed and explained to Bobb and Robin many times; some times in front of an arbitrator. Polar had plenty of crewmembers, hired explicitly to staff the six additional aircraft that Cato would have sent over. This also is an incontrovertible fact supported by many documents not the least of which is the ill conceived list that Hair, Fell, and the previous Atlas MEC put together.

In fact, the Atlas MEC buckled in the final moments, and in order to save face blamed and twisted the words of the Polar MEC chairman to shift blame.
Well they did recommend a TA because they were faced with a group of unionized brothers threatening to do what many Polaroids have since accused Atlas pilots of doing. Except in this instance the Polaroids really would have been flying Atlas aircraft and thus would have met the ALPA definition of a scab. ALPA national also didn't want a strike, and put incredible pressure on the MEC to recommend a TA.

As for your sympathy strike, how long did it actually last, I beleive we were on strike for about 3 weeks, the sympathy strike lasted how many minutes?
It lasted until the judge ordered Atlas pilots to go back to work.

The Atlas MEC was under a huge amount of pressure to support Polar from ALPA national.
So - Atlas pilots and the MEC supported Polar until a judge ordered them not to. In fact they supported Polar even though this was not a real strike. Polar did not put up real picket lines - instead they parked cars by the airport with signs on them. Is THAT a picket line. They didn't strike like the real trade unionists did during the Wien strike or the Eastern strike. They only came out to the airport and picketed when Atlas planes were inbound; otherwise they were warm and dry in a hotel. You all had no problems letting the FedEx and UPS pilots cross your picket line. Many other ALPA carriers crossed your lines - and you did NOTHING. It was, Bar none, the wimpiest strike I have ever seen. Yet Atlas pilots supported you until the judge told them not to - and still you sprinkle guano all over them. Shame on you! If you are the ardent ALPA supporter and trade unionist you claim to be then you should know better.

The sympathy strike was merely the MEC throwing a bone to a group of hungry dogs.
You said it! And you are all still hungry. Hungry for Atlas aircraft, hungry for the route authorities, and hungry for the contracts. And you will step on anyone to get them.

I remember having many fellow ALPA airline members walking the line alongside Polar pilots, I don't recall one Atlas pilot.
Then you weren't in Anchorage.

Merc, I will be scouring your previous posts for some time, you have over 200, guess you have a lot of time on your hands. Your slide show is quite impressive fiction, looks like something Mr. Cato prepared himself. What I find will determine if I go forward with your Article VIII.
Please please let us help you. We would all welcome and article VIII hearing to get all the lies and disingenuous statements and half truths made by your leadership out in the open.

You all just don't get it do you? As a pilot group - no matter how solid or staunch you are - you cannot dictate how a company does business. The company has said they are going to merge the seniority list. Your contract scope clause and merger and acquisition sections has some serious stipulations that the company must follow. It is, in fact, a very good scope clause. HOWEVER, Bobbb signed it all away when he signed the back to work agreement after your failed strike. The Atlas MEC whom YOU publicly accused of colluding with the company (perhaps a section VIII is in order for you??) realized long ago that the company meant what it said. They also realized that in the Atlas pilots first contract the scope clause is not really strong enough to allow them to do anything about it. So they decided to believe the company and in good faith entered into merger talks with the Polaroids (who at the time were virtually clamoring for a merged list and merger talks).

Every Atlas pilot respects the Polaroids right to file a grievance over this. What they don't respect is the incessant delays. If you all think your case is so strong then why put it off. Put the thing at the top of the list and get it done. Personally I don't know of one single Atlas pilot that wants to merge with you - period. What they do want is to get this millstone off their necks one way or another and get to a new contract.

If you actually were a "three term MEC chairman at another ALPA carrier," you would understand this, and you would know exactly what Bobb is doing - and why. Just as everyone outside of Polar does. IF you do have any contacts left at ALPA then I suggest you call them and find out the straight scoop on the antics of the Polar MEC.