PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas STN
Thread: Atlas STN
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2007, 04:33
LANCERDVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No short memory

Hey Merc, I have no problem with you having a different opinion than my own. I do have a problem with you constantly telling half the story, half truths, and complete lies. So lets clear up one of your blatant lies.

As the Atlas strike countdown was in progress, Polar MEC chairman Fell spoke with Captain Bourne, he stated that Polar pilots were obligated to fly Atlas owned aircraft on dry lease to Polar from prior to the start of the Atlas cooling off period. He stated that no Polar pilot would fly in violation of the Atlas struck work rules, which stated "no Polar pilot would fly any Atlas aircraft transferred to the Polar certificate post start of the cooling off period". Polar could not staff its own aircraft at the time more or less and influx of Atlas aircraft. I have never known a more staunch group of unionized pilots. In fact, the Atlas MEC buckled in the final moments, and in order to save face blamed and twisted the words of the Polar MEC chairman to shift blame. Think about it, it was in the Polar groups best interests for the Atlas pilots to get an industry leading contract. Polar pilots had already demonstrated its own solidarity and staunch union position by calling its own strike in 1999.

As for your sympathy strike, how long did it actually last, I beleive we were on strike for about 3 weeks, the sympathy strike lasted how many minutes? The Atlas MEC was under a huge amount of pressure to support Polar from ALPA national. The sympathy strike was merely the MEC throwing a bone to a group of hungry dogs. It was interesting how Captain Bourne would record a supportive message on the Atlas VARS and within a few hours FO Cappoto would record a deragatory message undermining the strike. I remember having many fellow ALPA airline members walking the line alongside Polar pilots, I don't recall one Atlas pilot. Merc, I will be scouring your previous posts for some time, you have over 200, guess you have a lot of time on your hands. Your slide show is quite impressive fiction, looks like something Mr. Cato prepared himself. What I find will determine if I go forward with your Article VIII.

If you have any say (and I suspect you do) I would highly recommend you proceed with your own negotiations. The Polar pilot group will stand by you in complete solidarity, just as we would have back in 01.