PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas STN
Thread: Atlas STN
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 22:34
LANCERDVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc9 or is it MercVIII

Well that's good to know. I will be speaking with Captain Henderson to ask your name. I will take the time to put the case together and file Article VIII charges against you myself. Having been a 3 term MEC Chairman with another ALPA carrier, and having spent 3 terms fighting the likes of Larey Risley and Johnathon Ornstein, I think I am qualified to say that the Polar MEC, led by Captain Henderson, and the Polar Negotiating Com., led by Captain Haire, symbolize what we all envision as fine representatives of our proud profession.

As for your ludicrous postings, if the Atlas MEC would remove themselves from AAWH management pouch (including you Merc9) and lead its pilot group from labors position, we could all have industry leading contracts in short order.

You state that merging removes managements ability to play one off the other. What's to stop mgmt from aquiring another airline once the merger is complete? Then what, another 5 years without a contract? Back to square one!

What we need is for the Atlas MEC to stand up and fight management and stop undermining the Polar MECs ability to do the same. What needs to be done is for the Atlas MEC to be purged and a new MEC willing to stand up to Mgmt be installed. The many Atlas pilots I have had the pleasure to meet and speak with all agree, would someone please put these two mgmt suck-ups out to pasture!!! Everyday that goes by is another day without a new contract for either pilot group.

Last edited by LANCERDVR; 30th Oct 2007 at 22:50.