PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways II
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 22:01
InTheZone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just thought i would share with everyone what i have know about QR

First of all i used to live in Qatar for 7 years ( not working for QR) and when you live somewhere for that long you first of all get used to it life there. There was basically nothing to do aside from going to shopping malls and the occasional beach trip. Although there have been some improvements since i left (2004) eg, a few more shopping malls and bars in hotels popping up, nothing much has changed.Although working as crew there you may make alot of friends, life will most probably be dull if uve come from lets say Europe or Australia. I have to say i did enjoy living there for a while as the pace of life is easy going and if you have family and friends there its ok.

However, i have alot of friends that work and have worked for QR and to be honest, although some of them are happy, or lets say satisfied with their job at QR, alot arnt, and especially with the new " Crew have to be home by 10 PM " rule which is true and NOT a rumour.If your prepared to follow some very strict rules on you lifestyle then QR isnt that bad ( qood salary,nice shared apartments etc) however be aware that with QR you have to be prepared to follow its policy of " our way or the highway"