PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thompson Engine Failure in ALC 23/10
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 19:49
Yaw String

Location: Nirvana..HAHA..just kidding but,if you can tell me where it is!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think what our passenger hedgedweller has said should maybe be taken in another light.
When the passengers are scared they need information....without this information many of them, especially on a schedule service, will decide not to fly...and consequently demand their bags offloaded.
The post handling of an "event" can have a huge effect on the passengers will to try again.
I have found that a good post event explanation, either on-board or, in the terminal afterwards is really an important follow-up action. Also,leaving some cabin staff with the passengers, in the terminal, makes them feel that they have not been abandoned, and frequent updates, even if nothing has changed,will endear them to you and your company. It is possible to turn a potentially negative event into positive publicity for the company if handled like this.But....be honest
Hedgedweller, are you declaring that your captain did not communicate with you, because, if you are, I find that very hard to believe?
Packs off departures are also responsible for fumes entering the cabin,extra noise from the door seals due to the unpressurized status. I always wonder if it is worth explaining to pax before take-off in this case although never have so far.