PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar A320 Go Around Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 19:06
QFinsider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before we degenerate into a Q v J* battle, I think the most pertinent part of the event is the timeline...
It would appear from my reading that there was an attempt from the to reduce the impact of an ASIR. The ATSB state "following media reports further information was sought from the company". That would imply to me that the information was NOT forthcoming from the company in the first instance. The report did not acurately reflect the occurence.
There is no way the ATSB would "database" a report alleged to contain information pertaining to an autoflight failure...It is clear to me that the report if any, downplayed the seriousness of the incident. Any attempt by J* to say further information came to light after the event is crap.

The FDR and the QAR would most certainly hold data pertaining to an EGPWS warning at 43' RALT.

So I wonder will anyone be held repsonsible or will J* claim to be at the same standard as Qf- As they are a group airline??

Yeah yeah all you wannabes, I certainly know about QF1- you can't hide a golf course...But to me the disclosure by J* was well below what would be expected if the airline were fair dinkum Q group.
Let's get "group audit" in there, "group safety" too....
Mind you the midget won't allow it. Funny thing is Qantas own him, not the other way around..