PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Heathrow voted least favourite airport'.
Old 30th Oct 2007, 14:22
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Will Stansted be voted the next 'least favourite airport' when it needs to be expanded??
Where have you been! I go through Stansted regularly. Last week, it took 1.15 to get through check-in and security. It has the misfortune to be run by that abysmal organisation BAA, with it's AWFUL security people and those morons in green uniforms walking around like concentration camps guards barking orders at people. I always stand there laughing at them thinking that they think they are sheepdogs to our sheep! They're idiots. I had the ugliest woman in security shouting at me that my carry on bag (pilot briefcase) was 'more than 10kgs, you can't take this with you!' I laughed at the cow. She forgot she wasn't Ryanair check in staff!

So Stansted has outgrown its design already. What I will say is how pleasant and courteous UK Immigration staff are these days. How nice to have at least somebody speak nice to you in those BAA hell-holes! Quite simply, I think BAA has decided too many people are flying these days, and they are trying to kill off aviation in the UK, and stop people using the UK for transits. They are admirably succeeding in their self-appointed task.