PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Large Station Closure!!!???
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2001, 01:21
Paul Wesson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Beags

Officially we are told that both FSTA consortia prefer the BZN option. Meetings have taken place between the District Council executive and one of the groups, whilst Brown & Root (in the person of Jim Coates) did a public presentation to Carterton Town Council. As you know, key players from the consortia have also been wined and dined on station at BZN several times.

Both consortia have a partial civilianisation plan included in their options. This could presumably be affected if a whole load of C130Js/A400Ms turn up at BZN. If everything moved south of the M4 then I suppose a full civilianisation of BZN would be a goer apart from the complete lack of infrastructure to support BZN/Terminal 6. This could be rectified and we will know about the options for railways in the next few weeks. The pre-feasibility study is with the County Council and District Council as I type.

I don't know whether the fact that Annington Homes have just put forward a planning application to demolish the 22 acres of the Northwood Crescent estate in Carterton and rebuild it as modern houses should be considered. I've also had sight of the outline plans for the 40 acres of quarters between Stanmore Crescent and the Burford/Brize Norton Roads. The land is worth £600,000+ per acre once it's cleared. We're looking at between £35+£40 million total. Lucky the MOD sold it for peanuts to a company owned by a Japanese bank.