PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 30th Oct 2007, 12:34
busdriver22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"But with the current scale, AA is paying good money"
"Kindly advise if one joins in 1000-2000 hrs bracket , does the slary increase when he reaches >2000 hrs?"
Good pay scale? well yes to some extent and actually no more than anything else.
This pay scale is prob good only if you are a cpt with >2000hrs on type cause if u are a senior f/o with >2000hrs on type and then you go for your upgrade you will drop back down to the lowest pay scale of <1000hrs reason for that will say that has to be in seat time. plus you loose all your seniority pay so that resets as well to time in seat which i think is the most absurd thing i ever heard of. What does seniority pay have anything to do with what seat you hold? Dont even get me started on the seniority issue.
So overall a new upgraded junior cpt is not making much more than a senior f/o. maybe a bit more in the flying allowances but thats about it.
I think the whole pay system has so many flaws in it. Just benefits certain people who already came in as DEC and have been there for a while. Other than that its piss all.
anyways that just my point of view im sure others might think otherwise.

Last edited by busdriver22; 30th Oct 2007 at 13:47.