PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Super Hornet Acquisition on Four Corners
Old 30th Oct 2007, 08:57
herkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah the arm chair warriors, would not often know crap from clay.

The RAAF have a problem, the pigs are running out of time, because it means total support in Australia, which whilst it could be done, would push the budget to doomsville. The airplanes are tired and really need to go, shame as that may be.

The Indo's over the last 40 years, have had some of the best equipment in the world, but can they keep them in the air for sustained operations I think not. Their piloting ability will not make up for the brillance of what ever they fly.

A Super Hornet flown by a advanced pilot, will win against the Su30, and this is not my opinion, it is from some of the best sources in the world.

There is no garrantee that the RAAF will ever operate the JSP. It is already too heavy, too late and very expensive. To early yet to say the outcomes in every area.

It always amazes me, that the retired has been jocks, always feel they know better than the guys who are current.

It is in many respects just a beat up, and why someone does not rack Karlo off I do not know. To my knowledge he is not a qualified jock, and appears to be rowing the boat without qualifications.

The RAAF if not carefull, could end up with no front line fighter bombers at all.

End of rant

Col