PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resignations at KA
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 08:51
Feather Boa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Management

I enjoy reading your posts, generally they are well thought out. I believe you're slightly off the mark with this one though.

Early 2008 KA will be drastically short of crew, so as ignorant as I believe The Management are, I do not believe they are stupid enough to take another 20 pilots out of the roster.
Aside from that I truely believe there is very little Management can do to threaten us or "keep us in line". We are really getting to the stage where one of the buckets is full..
As we all know there are jobs for us all in almost every part of the globe that we would wish to go, Uk Loco's are paying upwards of GBP100,000 and I understand commands at Jetstar are 2-3 years away for those that join now.
KA may have been a career airline 3-4 years ago, it is not now.
CX on the other hand still offers the guys the chance of basings and destination far more appealing than the filthy mainland places we are continuing to expand into.
How do you believe threatening a guy at KA with his job, is going to make him tow the line, when I suspect approx 25% of the guys are working on an exit plan anyway.

Fx