PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 08:37
Wigster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add my bit on the whole subject. Obviously people are still feeling a little "tender" after the shafting last Thursday but as time moves on and l speak to more and more crew it appears that they are slowly warming to the idea. This is as more and more information filters out and we all start to look upon EZY as our future employers and not the enemy and l think the general feeling is that this is going to be ok.
Lets not look at GB through some rose tinted raybans here, we were steadily suffering a decline in our working conditions with longer days, early/late roster disruption and at best a low industry average salary to keep us happy as we completed 800 hours per year.
It seems that EZY work between 7-800 hours and get paid more........seems like a no brainer to me and the fixed roster will be an improvement on the standard late finish before 2 days off followed by 0615 start that GB were providing.
I recently spoke to the crew on the EZY aircraft which parked next to us and they were very welcoming and painted a bright picture. When was the last time that Nigel and his mates ever commented on how great it was having GB as a franchise partner?
I for one am looking forward to the move as l get the general feeling it will be a dynamic, secure company to work for and that makes a great change to the doom and gloom "its a tough market and yield is not good" comments from GB management!!
BRING IT ON