PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RETENTION
Thread: RETENTION
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2001, 14:48
neilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a case of moving goalposts again, and the sad thing is I am sure that if the s**t really did hit the fan somewhere the corps would move heavan and earth to retreive its trained aviators from the 1st Bn mess tin repair regiment or elswhere.
I cannot recall anyone hitting QHI within 4 years unless his dad worked in the directorate! it is patently unfair and dishonest to effectively promise and not provide, this is while some very below par people have acheived transfer!
Women....say no more!
The sad fact it is all due to poor planning and forecasting, they will drop the numbers introduce AH and then run short again, but have they really thought of the longer term recruitment of aircrew?, yer normal geezer would tell his mates"I'm OF ON ME Pilots course and the next thing they would all see is shiny Gaz or Lynx landing in barracks with well badged up well handsome geezer, but generally no more sightings except at the odd reunion/do. When Geezer comes back after four years and has to start off at the bottom of his peer group again with the embarrasment of the pale blue legspreaders on the old chest it is no wonder that most sack it and go and do something more sensible instead and how much p**taking can anyone take?
(this does not really count with our commisioned bretheren as the wings are an accepted collectors item on the way to one stardom and it does'nt matter what they're wearing when flying desks anyway!)
No paralell with civilian life matey as you expect to get shafted outside.
Go back mate and never, no matter how much they ask in the furture go back...oh and point out all the lessons you've learned to young Lcpl Smith when he says he fancies it!