PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICSC
Thread: ICSC
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2001, 01:36
Titan Locked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ham

Like Mr R a friend of mine did the course earlier this year and I'm told he speaks the truth. If you're prepared to work between 5pm and dinner (rather than use the sports facilities) then you shouldn't need to do too much after dinner apart from frequent the sports bar! Beer surprisingly cheap.

The work is not difficult and even the 2500 word essay is not marked for SW. Its a good course in a fantastic set-up. The support to the course (inc the mess) is all run by a private company and for once a good job is done - the IT works etc etc. Even the academic instructors (left wing pinkos etc etc) are good for a bit of sport on the ethics of carpet bombing and the like.

Do it before the bean counters realise you're getting something for nothing. Oh, and I understand that following the Defence Training Review ICSC is going to be increased to 8 weeks and ACSC reduced accordingly. Even more reason to get it over and done with!!

It's not a bad drinking course, honest. Or at least that's what my friend told me!!

And if you're interested you come out of it with a Diploma in Management (at no cost) - might not sound much but if you're a non-degree person it shows willingness to undertake post "graduate" training , takes up a line on your CV (both look good for future employment if you're looking outside of aviation - sad I know, but true) and offers you the chance to become a member of the Institute of Management (which not a lot of our v senior bods would know much about) if you want to collect letters after your name.

Happy to discuss via e-mail should you wish.

TL