PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AGE
Thread: AGE
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 03:21
marty1468
Need To Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a 39 year old in training Commecial Pilot with limited funds (in Australia). I have always had the dream to fly and have been working towards that goal but i sometimes feel as if all of this money might be wasted. Everyone seems to dismiss my chances at a job flying saying that i am too old. Does anyone else have this enigma and how do you handle it. I am usually a positive person but after a while, the relentlessness of these comments can bring you down and i think about quitting. I hope to finish my CPL(A) by April 08 and go on from there.
I recently read an article from an Australian Regional Airline saying that the pilot shortage here is becoming critical and that some flights are being cancelled due to lack of aircrews. They cited this lack of aircrews was due to poaching by the major airlines. I sent an email asking if they would consider an older pilot with low hours for training with a view to full time employment and who would be more than happy to spend his career with them. As of yet no reply but here's hoping.