PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to Europe?
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 02:59
White Pointer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple solution for me: fly Virgin.

Going to Tasmania from Newcastle. First trip the flight is late, connection missed and have to sit around with bags till I can check in for the next flight out of Melbourne to Tassie.

Next trip a month later, I arrive at the airport due to a car accident and subsequent road blockage about 1 minute late after the 30 minute deadline. The inbound aircraft has only just landed and still has not got the stairs to it to disembark when I am told I cannot be checked in due to my late arrival. Eventually the aircraft was commenced loading 18 minutes after I was told I could not check in.

Walk to the Virgin counter, greeted with a smile, told we have a special for people who get shafted by Jetstar, and rebooked with them. Bags checked through all the way to destination, no hassles in Melbourne. Staff made a point of saying they would always try and get me on if it doesn't delay the aircraft. Funny how they said my story was so common, even when flights arrive late they still enforce the 30 minutes before scheduled departure limit (in one case I was told the aircraft was an hour late).

Only downside, I had to use the return portion of my ticket to come back Jetstar. It sucked compared to VB I have to say.

Will I ever use Jetstar again? Not a chance in hell while I am still alive. How many people have I convinced to not travel with them after my story? Potentially quite a lot. So to consider going international with them, when they are such a novice style operator locally, forget it.