PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The first mistake was to declare this a "war"
Old 2nd Nov 2001, 12:28
West Coast

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts
Oh Jacko, don't go wobbly on me now. Its awfully early to be getting fubared(drunk, excuse my slang). When will you savage Brits learn to drink cold beer and keep the pubs open later. O.K.,

1&2. Lessor of the two evils. Did you bet and lose money on the 73 war or something?

3. Afraid so. Next time it could be a 747 into Harrods. When you fall off the fence, please note which side you land on and report to all. Perhaps you won't tumble off, Hard to imagine a greater fiat to destroy terrorism. Enuff said.

4. What I know comes from my friends still on active duty, and from what I see in the press. Its not the blitz, but no one promised one either. I have been near the buisness end of a B52 raid in the Gulf, something I wouldn't want to be on the buisness end of. Perhaps your drinking too much of the Kool aid your brethern journalists are dishing up. The pejorative sense of doom is based not on some intimate
knowledge of the battle but one the reporters style. I saw a report one network about a large number of fighters squatting on the Paki side of the border, the Taliban telling them to stay put. One network with their ill informed "military correspondent" reported this as a sign that the war was bogged down because the Tailiban essentially told these guys we don't need your help whipping the infidels. Funny, another network reported this as a sign that the effort was going well because the taliban didn't want to take a chance on these guys getting wacked by a strike as they crossed the border. You have inside knowledge of the effort?

Hope you get over the hangover quicker than I do. As I get older I find it takes awhile.